Tuesday, December 9, 2014

On the fourth day of Christmas ...

Jack Prasad
I thought that tackling the brine stains on the carpet might slow My True Love down a little, but no.

We spent lunchtime out hiking through the forest among the firs until we wandered into a glade of birch trees. The weak winter sun dappled their bare trunks and branches, casting mottled shadows all around us. A moment of true peace in all the crazy going on around us.
Deep sighs.

No chance for continuing the peace at home though, or at least that's what I thought.
Full of apologies, My True Love sheepishly hands over another rectangular package. As I open it, my heart skips a beat, for inside is my very own dappled glade of peacefulness.

... which I will need since there's going to be a lot more packing ... and repairs to do in a week or so.

More 12 days posts here.

No comments: