Tuesday, December 18, 2012

On the tenth day of Christmas ...

the twelve days of christmas
detail from mixed media panel by Karen Bagayawa

On the tenth day of Christmas ...

Oh my! My True Love came home last night bringing the biggest wrapped present I have ever seen him carry up the front steps. I swear it was a ten-by-ten but he says it measures less. He does admit though, that there are probably ten by ten by tens of gorgeous deep red plaster fragments embedded within the linen mesh.
I can't stop gazing at it - the beasts and I curled up on the rug, gazing up at our new treasure all evening. It makes a beautiful and dramatic statement - a perfect piece for the empty wall above the fireplace.

Artist-made gifts nourish the soul :)


Click here to see all twelve days of Christmas as they publish.

No comments: