Monday, April 9, 2012

April's Featured Artist: Dan Severance






In his own words, Dan Severance.
I work with clay because of the many things I can create from it. Whether it be wheel-thrown or hand-built, the surface can be satin-smooth or the texture of sharp lava, and the colours bold and bright or dark and moody. My inspirations come from nature with its ceaseless textures and ever-changing colours. I want people to pick up and explore the textures of my work with their hands. The firing of the clay is open to many options as well and I enjoy Raku and Pit Firing with their unexpected and wonderful results. My current work is constructed in a way to show how the pieces are assembled, and for the user to enjoy the colours and varied textures in something as simple as everyday dinnerware. 


No comments: